An effective training process requires that goals and expectations are clearly understood. It is necessary for the employee to be trained to get all appropriate training on the basis of his duty and future developmental needs. Behavior observation, communication and finally behavioral changes are essential for success in training. This involves feedback and strengthening.
1. Set clear goals and expectations. Setting goals and goals is no easy task. They must be selective, measurable, accessible, relevant and timely. (SMART) Objectives and goals are the first step in effective training. The employee should participate in this process. After all, the goal should be specific to that person and they must take ownership. When goals or expectations change, it's your job as a coach to convey these changes to employees. The goal should be negotiated, not undertaken.
2. Training. To be an effective trainer, you need to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the employee. This involves a thorough understanding of their training needs and achievements. Do they have the necessary skills and knowledge to achieve the goals and goals that have been set? Make sure the employee has the opportunity to get the necessary training to develop his skills as a prerequisite for successful training.
One of your main challenges as a coach is to define the skills and knowledge that the employee needs and organize appropriate training.
3. Behavior of examination. How does an employee respond to a crisis? How do they handle themselves when they are in a leadership position? How do they respond to peer pressure? As a coach that accompanies the handling of the employee and takes notice of the specifics that require attention and discussion is the primary responsibility. It's important that you collect and record both positive and negative results along the way to add credibility to your comments.
4. Feedback To meet the employee regularly to discuss success and other matters is absolutely important for their development. The key is not to say an employee what to do, but it helps an employee find the answers on his own. This can be done by asking very specific thinking problems. Make sure you give a kudos employee for all the positive behaviors you have seen.
5. Positive strengthening. Believe it or not, employees will be responsible. If we are going to keep employees in financial statements, they must know how they are facing. In particular, we should emphasize the positive aspects of their performance. Focusing on the good things that an employee has achieved will encourage them to continue doing a good job, and then will ensure repeat performance. This is often called an adjustment window.
It's a leader
Do not make a mistake, training and guidance is on leadership. It's hard to be a coach or instructor without leadership skills. Training and guidance is about the development of others. It requires effective development and projects related to expectations and expectations of the present and future. It requires unique skills to recognize potential skills and competencies in others that are worthwhile development. A good coach or instructor has an innate ability to encourage and encourage others to reach levels. They have the ability, knowledge and sensitivity to create adaptable styles according to the individual and the circumstances of the hand who learn respect and trust.
Some of the main characteristics of coaches and mentors are the following;
o Ability to Help Employees Determine the Skills and Skills Required for Growth
o Recognizes Leadership Capabilities
o Creates Relevant Development Plans
o Student in Reflexive Feedback 
o Participate in the capacity of employees and strengthen them
o Provides opportunities for employees to develop
o 19659002] o Special listening ability
o Keeps eye contact
o Comments Remark Comments
o Allows Guidelines to Be Successful
o Secure understanding by asking for clarification
o Repeats communication often to strengthen understanding of issues
o Uses open and threatening server style of body
o Take a Question
o Keeps a positive attitude at all times
o Shows a great self esteem and we
o Encourage Attitudes and Concerns of Individual Feelings
o Recognition gained
o Always Always Positive About Others
o Keeping His Own Limitations
o Motivational Effects
Issues and Follow-up:
o makes public decisions
o takes responsibility
o establishes priorities
o sets the end dates with expected consequences
o assumes the need and takes action
o takes the calculated risk and Applicants All Facts on the Issue
o Development of Other Solutions
o Keeps Relevant People in a Loop
Most of us are not born leaders. We are not good at communicating. However, a good percentage of us want to become leaders of men and make a deep connection in our career, which leads to commitments, commitment to success. For family owned companies, leadership is passed from generation to generation. In order to achieve goals, each generation must understand the following principles of leadership.
o Sincere Concern for Others
These leadership skills to develop executives are the next step. Lead Wolf family executives who have gone through change trends understand this and they are clear about what their duties are.
"The verification of successful leaders is that he leaves behind conviction, willingness and understanding to continue."