One of my favorite liquids is driven by Einstein. He says the definition of psychosis is doing the same thing again and expecting different results. With this quotation in mind, I have decided that this year I will do things differently. I'm taking some new methods to build my business and I've given up my part-time job. Not to mention that I'm also approaching something of my personal life differently.
What I realize when I start making changes … it can be difficult. Breaking old habits and making preventive decisions in a new direction. It also requires some risk (and I really want more security and predictability). But I believe Einstein has the correct definition of psychosis. So when I'm tempted to return to what I've been doing, I just remember that if I get back to my old pattern, I'll definitely get the same results I've had before.
So, do you have to take part in doing things differently this year?
- If so, what are 3 areas of your life where you are not achieving the results you want?
- Take a file: What actions have you already taken in these areas?
- What specific results do you want to see in these areas?
- What can you do differently to your success this year?
- And finally, (let's be very practical here) what is a little new step you could take in each of these areas in the next two weeks?
By the end of 2008, I expect different results in my work and in my life. I admit I'm a little nervous but I'm very excited to see where this new step will take me.