Do you want to know what methods are used for the best coach? Then read and find out!
1. Get thorough knowledge about your customers. This is the first thing you need to do when training other people. Spend the first meeting with your customers about their goals in life, their problems, and the reasons they have signed up for your applications. If you are a coach, your clients may need help to improve their life's quality, improve their relationships with other people, or learn how to handle financially effectively. Apart from knowing their problems and goals, I also recommend that you introduce what pushes them to take such a big step (sign up for a training program). You can use these items to encourage your customers especially when it is difficult.
2. "Here's what we're going to do". After having a solid idea of your customers' problems or goals, you must give them a brief overview of the action plan. Tell them what you can offer and what these people can do to accomplish their goals. It would be best if you can list them down to the points using the simplest terms.
3. Give a clear guide. The last thing you want to do is to confuse your customers. When you ask them to do something, make sure that you give them a clear and easy understanding of the instructions. If you teach them new skills, it would be better for you to do demonstrations and if you can encourage yourself to practice. When you do your demonstrations, explain each step you are taking using the language of your students.
4. Do not judge your customers. You have no trades in the training industry if you are typical. Keep in mind that people who seek help from a coach require understanding more than anything else. So keep an open mind all the time. Do not forget to tell your customers that you understand them now and so, so they become more comfortable talking and working with you.
5. Make it fun. You really do not have to be serious and sound too formal all through your training hours. Depending on the problems you are trying to solve, you can spend a lot of time with your customers. You can have more conversation or you can talk about things you share in common. Sometimes people just want someone to be there for someone and someone who can take time to listen to what they need to say.