Landlord insurance for housing tenants

Many people tend to ask if they can get a landlord insurance policy that covers their property if they were renting it to people who are tenants of a housing association or if they can, whether it will cover them for all that would if they had a job or job owner in the property instead.

There are two types of tenant housing companies. The first is plain DSS Tenants who have a lease agreement between themselves and others and DSS Tenants who have the lease agreement between the landlord and the housing company and what type of tenants you have will affect how easy it is to get the tenant Insurance and how expensive it may be .

There is a simple reason for a large difference between two types of DSS tenants and it is mainly because if they are DSS tenants with a lease agreement between tenants and landlords, it means that the landlord is able to fully monitor them before moving in. but if it is addressed to the housing company, the landlord has not said anything that enters the property as the agreement is that the housing company will find the tenant and put it there.

What you need to remember with DSS Tenants to be a landlord property is that they are highly valued compared to if someone was either retired or working, this is simply because it is seen that because they are on benefits will be less likely to take care of the property and others because if they do something wrong they could just move because someone who was working for example would have to look for their property because they would work and would have to live near work place.

A few years ago, DSS tenants were regularly bought by tenants simply because rent was usually paid directly by the council to the lessor but it was still amended by the council to pay a penalty directly. This has stopped the fact that more items will be improved by insurers who make it less attractive to take a DSS tenant over a working person, for example, there are certain insurers who want to allow you to pay a higher excess for claims that you could benefit from.

You must keep in mind that if a tenant works but also receives additional benefits to improve their salary (for example, if they were part-time working), they would have to ask each company, even if they would be classified as a working tenant or landlord who had DSS benefits.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *